Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The simple things in life are free...

Wouldn't it be nice if everything else was too?!? I spent the afternoon with one of my best friends, just floating in a creek...stream...river...hmmm, well, a long narrow body of water, named 20 Mile Bottom. It is a country way of life we lead, and most people from the city wouldn't understand. We don't have a pool, but we sure do enjoy swimming everyday! Almost everyone I know went to Bay Springs today. I can't imagine how crowded it must have been! We didn't see a soul, didn't hear a boat, car, train, or even a plane. We could hear the wind whistling through the trees, the crickets singing, and an occasional frog. It was wonderful to just float, peacefully, no kids, no hubby, no cares in the world, for HOURS, uninterrupted. It is rare that I get the opportunity to spend such quiet time, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Later in the evening Greg, Daddy, Andy and Nathan, (Alex was spending the night with a friend,) joined us, and we spent another hour digging in the falls for sharks teeth and arrowheads. Although I forgot to take a picture, we did actually find a few pieces of flint, but no whole arrowheads, and 1 sharks tooth. Here are a few pictures of our afternoon.
Nathan smelling the wildflower vines. The boys frequently pick these for me to wear in my hair...so sweet!

Daddy and Greg cooling off


Greg, Andy, and Nathan chillin'
Nathan and Jackie spreading mud all over Greg's head
Greg, Nathan, and Andy standing on "the falls" where we find shark's teeth,  arrowheads, and other interesting things


With the end of the adoption process near, we have been bombarded with the final expenses. The orphanage fee, is a big chunk, and the travel is another. We have begun to try to raise money to offset the debt by selling t-shirts through adoption bug. You can click the link at the top right of this blog or here to go directly to our shop. We make a portion of each sale, and the shirts are shipped when you order them, directly to you. I am also hosting a Scentsy basket party. If you would like to order any or just see what there is, you can click here: Barbara and Greg's Scentsy fundraiser
We will also be doing other fundraisers including selling coffee, flower bulbs, and more. Believe me, I know how tight funds are right now for everyone, and I HATE asking people to help out when I know how many people are struggling themselves, but I find solace in scripture:
Luke 6:38 - Rewards for Giving
"Give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, they will pour into your lap. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return."
And:
Proverbs 22:9 -Being Generous
"He who is generous will be blessed"
God has led us on this mission, and I know He will be faithful to those who are faithful to him. In this we will trust in Him to make all things possible for us! For each of you who have prayed for us, encouraged us, supported us, and helped financially, we give thanks. We are so humbled by your sacrifices and pray that God rewards each of you abundantly as you have rewarded us in your love!

No comments:

Post a Comment