Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'll take the easy button please!

Do you ever have one of those days that isn't BAD per se...just HARD? Today was one of those days. It seems like almost everything I did was a bit harder than necessary. I sold some clothes, which was great, especially because she told me to keep the change! BUT I noticed that there was a stain on one item so I needed to discount it. I bought a used slide/swing combo and a step 2 toddler push car from someone  for 60.00 a few days ago, BUT when I unloaded it the swing combo was broken in 2 places. When I asked about a refund they said they would refund the money, BUT only 20.00 which was what I thought I'd paid for the car. I went to church early today to try to work out some issues we'd been having on our Media Shout programs on our computers we use to run the services. We were able to figure out several issues, BUT without buying either a new computer OR a new mixer box, we can't really fix the biggest of the issues. I was choosing backgrounds for this Sunday's services which usually takes just a few minutes per song, BUT the computer wanted to "hide" the files and it took over an hour to do just 5 songs. Are you catching my drift here? Everything was technically O.K., BUT not really the way I'd hoped it would be. It seemed like everything took TWICE as long as it should have taken, and was TWICE as hard as it should have been. I came home tonight mentally exhausted. I think it is all too easy for us to just throw up our hands when we have these kind of days and say "Why me?" or worse yet, "Why even bother?" I certainly know I wanted to! When I find myself getting this frustrated over what really is nothing bad, just something hard, I try to focus on the positive aspect of it all. It may not be easy to do that in the moment, but the more positively I can look at things the more positively I can react to things. Tonight as I was reflecting on the "hard" of the day, I began to think about scripture, and what it says about difficult times. This is one our pastor used fairly recently that came to mind:
Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light."
 It is so comforting to know that no matter what "hard" we are going through, whether it is a simple day like mine, or something more, like a battle with cancer, or the loss of a loved one, that God will bear our burden for us, that He will give us rest. Just rereading this and meditating on it calmed my soul, and my mind, and opened my heart. It made me realize just how thankful I am. Thankful for my children, husband, family, friends, pets, home, etc. But mostly thankful for my God, who lives in me, who loves me, who fills my life with joy, and hope and peace and who takes my worry away and replaces it with relief. So tonight I just wanted to share that and hope that you too, have that hope and joy peace and relief in your life. And on a lighter note, I'll leave you with this video, which also came to mind during my "hard" day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment