Saturday, May 19, 2012

My oh my, how time flies!

It was almost one year ago today that Greg and I first had a conversation about adopting a child from China. I was following a call to the mission field, and had gone away to a craft fair to sell home canned jams, jellies, and pickles to raise money for a mission trip to the Philippines. It was a long road for us to accept that call to missions, and I now understand that it was God's way of softening our hearts for the adoption of our daughter. The same weekend I was away, God used 4 little girls who were from different families, but had all been adopted from China to stir Greg's heart. When I came home that weekend, he sat me down and told me that he felt an overwhelming sense of urgency to adopt from a non-Christian nation. After some research, God closed every door we looked through for each country other than China. We then decided on our agency, CCAI, and away we went! We were initially told that we could expect 18 months to 2 years, but in a complete whirlwind, it looks like we will have our daughter in just 13 months from start to finish. This blog will hopefully be a way for our family and friends to share in our trip, and in our everyday life who would otherwise not be able to share with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment