Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Once Upon A Time...

In a land far, far away, lived a beautiful little girl named Dang Jia Ran. She didn't know it yet, but soon her world was going to change in a big way. You see today, her Forever Family got a letter that said their government was going to send their adoption file to China, and that very soon they would be able to travel there to get her and bring her home with them to live forever and ever, happily ever after.
I know that to most people the whole process of going to China, and bringing home our daughter seems like a fairytale. But in reality, it is going to be HOT, tiring, emotionally wrecking, HOT, hard, and did I mention HOT? I am worried about so many things, it would take a whole separate post just to put them all down. There are so many unknowns that it boggles my mind. You see I am the type of person who has to have a plan, a schedule, a calender, dates, times, places, faces, etc. I don't do change well. God knows this about me, and still He loves me, and He loves me enough to use this adoption process as a tool to teach me about patience, and to teach me that I CAN do this. He has changed me in ways that I never knew needed changing, and for that I thank Him. I Praise Him for leading me, maturing me, and guiding me. Because He has shown me how to be all of these things, I CAN give up my fears and concerns, because I KNOW He will continue to carry us and guide us through all that is yet to come. So maybe it will be a fairy tale, or maybe it won't but either way, I can't wait to see what God has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment