Sunday, November 10, 2013

Preparing...

It's hard to believe that it's almost time to go to China! The plane tickets arrived yesterday, and the travel insurance is bought. VPN's have been downloaded and installed, and the rapid chargers checked.

 

Since we received our Travel approval, we have had multiple lists of things to take care of, including double checking and photo copying paperwork, getting flu vaccines, squaring away household details, cleaning, and oh yeah...PACKING!

(All of our meds to take to China)

 

We've had meetings at school to make sure we have everything the boys need to stay caught up while we are away, and that Annabella's teacher knows who will be bringing her to and from school, and who to contact in case of an emergency.

 

(Matt's clothes, and most of his toys, plus the adoption file that goes with us)

Last minute fundraising items got shipped out this week, and we sold the last set of mattresses today.

 

Closests, bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, bathrooms are either cleaned, or almost done. We will basically shut off all the bedrooms, and leave the cats to prowl the rest of the downstairs while we are away.

 

 

Christmas decorations are completely up, and the majority of gifts have been ordered. I even have managed to wrap some of the kids things, but most will be waiting for me when we get home.

 

We've got Matt's first pediatrician appointment lined up, insurance for him squared away, and his room is ready.

 

Meals are prepared, and in the freezer, so we will have something besides sandwiches and cereal to eat when we come home. I remember last year being so hungry for chicken and salad when we got back...I wonder what we will all crave this time!

 

Greg and I have gotten our clothes packed, and all the meds we will take, and all of Matt's clothes and toys. Tomorrow's plan includes packing the boys clothes, and getting Annabella's things ready to take to my parents.

(Greg's backpack, fully packed, and all my clothes, ready to go into my backpack)

 

Monday and Tuesday will be our final days to finish cleaning, packing, and doing things like, taking out the trash, emptying the fridge of anything that will spoil while we are away, and installing Matt's car seat.

 

My head spins with all that is left to do, but my heart is so ready to jump on that plane! The boys are so excited, and they've just been bouncing off the walls. I feel sorry for their teachers these next couple of days, as I know it will be incredibly hard for them to focus, and I'm sure their friends and classmates are excited and full of questions too!

 

Tonight I downloaded a few new books to read on the long layovers and on the plane, and I wrapped new books, travel games, and small, inexpensive digital cameras and travel journals for the boys. The plan is to give them something every 2 hours on the plan, to try to engage them and keep them awake, and moving around as much as possible on the flight over there. It will be easier for them to acclimate to "China time" that way. Hopefully on the way home, we can sleep some on the plane, as we will have some pretty brutal layovers in Seoul, and in Dallas, and I know we will need our wits about us for those times. We will have a toddler to keep up with! Oh. my. Goodness. I just love being able to say that!

 

I know this is one of the least eloquent posts I've ever written, but tonight, I just wanted to document the frantic pace that these last few days have had us on. Soon, though, this part will be behind us, and our lives as we know them will again change forever.

 

I sit here in awe of the fact that God has blessed me with this life. That He has entrusted me will an amazing husband, and all my precious children. That we have a home, that is warm, and safe, and ours. Life may not always be what we expect, but I'm so very thankful today for all that I never expected! I hope you'll follow along as we make the next leap of faith, and return to the land of China, to bring home our newest baby Bennett!

 

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Eph 3:20 ESV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment