Tuesday, November 12, 2013

China.....here comes the Bennett Bunch!

 

It's 11:17 pm, and all is quiet in the Bennett household. Everyone is sleeping but me, even the cats! As I sit here enjoying what will be the last silence I'll have for who knows how long, I'm thinking of all that's led us to this point.

 

NEVER would I have thought a few years ago, that I would be here. With one adopted daughter, and getting ready to go back to china for a precious little boy to add to our family.

 

God has truly blessed us in more ways than I can write about in what short time I have. The clock is set to go off in just a few short minutes, and that will be the beginning of a very long day for us... One which ends when we land in Beijing.

 

I have so many new emotions this time, even though, in some ways I'm already a "seasoned" vet. Every trip is different, every child is different, every adoption is different.

 

I wonder how our boys will do on this long and brutal flight overseas. I wonder what they will think of the culture, the history, the people...how much will they truly understand, and how much will this change their lives?

 

I wonder if Matt will be accepting of our love, if he will be healthy, if we will all bond quickly. I think about how his life is about to change so drastically from anything he's ever known.

 

I read and sang to my daughter, the baby of the family, before tucking her into bed at my parents house tonight. It was the last time I will ever do that to her as the baby of our family. The next time I tuck her in she will officially be a big sister! I wonder how she will handle not seeing us for the next couple of weeks, and what she will think when we come home bearing the gift of a new baby brother.

 

So many unanswered questions....and I am so very thankful for them. Thankful that God has blessed me with the ability to love enough to wonder such things....thankful for these things to love....these children, this husband, this life.

 

Well, my time is up, it's time to wake the kids, and load the car, and head to Memphis. Thank you to all who have helped, prayed for, read about, and shared our journey. Please pray for our family, especially for health, understanding, patience and bonding. We can't wait to share this next part of the journey with you!

 

"May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ." 2 Thess 3:5

 

1 comment:

  1. So excited for your family as you start the long trek to China to pick up your newest blessing!

    ReplyDelete