Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Things forgotten...

There are things in life that we forget all the time. The small stuff. You forget to buy milk at the grocery, forget to lock the house when you leave, forget to water the plants. Or maybe you forget the name of that guy/girl you dated in high school, the password to your online banking account, to put on socks before you leave for church.

Then there's the stuff like, you forget the pain of childbirth, the joy of seeing your child for the first time, or the extreme heat of the summer. For me, I realize how much I'd forgotten the excruciating waiting of a paperwork pregnancy. You get "to do" lists from your agency of paperwork to be filled out, and fees to be paid, and you rush madly about trying to get it done as quickly as possible so you can get to your child as quickly as possible, but each time you finish the mad dash, there is always a long wait. Wait for the government to do their stuff, wait for the Chinese government to do their stuff, wait for translation, wait for the courier, wait, wait, wait.

During our first adoption journey, one of the most prominent lessons God taught me was that waiting is inevitable, and though it is excruciating, He is there, holding you up when all you want to do is fall down. Waiting is POSSIBLE, because He is there waiting right beside you, holding your hand. So today, as I check, double check and triple check my agency "to do" lists just to make sure there is nothing else I can do to speed things up, I am reminded of Gods great love and His promise to us.


Psalm 40:1 "I waited patiently for The Lord, He turned to me and heard my cry."
Hebrews 10:36 "For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away and enjoy to the full what is promised."

So with these promises, we wait. We wait on the perfect timing and the will of The Father, who promises that reward. It doesn't make it easy, but it makes it possible. Knowing the joy that He has in our faithfulness brings me hope during these difficult days of waiting! So for now, I will begin to conquer other tasks and work towards other goals. But for those of you who may be waiting too, whether it be for a tax return, an answer to medical tests, or perhaps God to place someone in your life to love, I just urge you to turn your eyes towards Him! He is the great provider, and in Him I pray you will also find strength and endurance for your own wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment